The invention of PVC or Polyvinyl Chloride in the 19th century introduced dramatic changes in the face of manufacturing and construction industry. Today, an ‘unplasticised’ form of PVC, also known as uPVC, is used to build high-quality, durable windows and doors that offer a tough competition to traditional material like wood.
uPVC is a German invention, which assures sturdy and superior quality. The aesthetic qualities of uPVC windows surpass that of wood. There are many options to choose from when considering uPVC windows and doors for home improvement. These are Casement windows and doors (outward/ inward open), Tilt and Turn windows, Sliding windows and doors, Lift & Slide doors, Sliding Folding doors and Tilt & Slide Doors.
This can be explained through the below benefits:-
- Low maintenance & Durability : Unlike other traditional material uPVC does not require regular painting as it is corrosion free, warp free and sustain its original colour for lifetime
- Thermal Insulation: Due to thermal insulation property, uPVC helps in maintain the cozy atmosphere inside your home for longer time by keeping the heat outside. Thus provide energy saving which you won’t see in other traditional materials.
- Fire retardant: Upvc is naturally is flame retardant. Unlike timber windows, the uPVC sections do not support combustion and are in fact self-extinguishing. This quality prevents the promotion of fire spread.
- Eco-friendly: Being 100% lead free thus promote sustainable environment
- It becomes yellow after some time.
Substandard system provider does not provide the requisite percentage of Titanium dioxide, a very important raw material ingredient which protect the surface of window against UV rays which in turn might turn the window yellow. This is all the question of price and quality wherein companies overlook the quality parameters.
- It cracks due to extreme weather conditions.
Cheap manufacturing companies do not have the right formulation in the raw materials leading to brittleness and cracks in the window material.
- It comes in few standard sizes, less scope of adaptability as per the taste of interior or architecture of building/ house.
uPVC has variety of color through lamination. The system offered in uPVC has a number of design option with a variety of option in differnt sizes of windows and doors which is why it is being considered in various projects.
Raw material used in the manufacturing of profile are very standard ingredients but the major question arises is the quality of grade, supplier specification, percentage of ingredients making it into a quality finished products (profiles).
Reputed hardware items also plays a key role in the functioning of a window and door. It is also suggested that designers/ builders should not compromise on quality of the product by using low grade/ unbranded uPVC window and door systems. The quality and brand makes an impact in the market and also comes with a warranty to protect the buyers interest against cheap profiles available.
- With over 100 years of legacy, Koemmerling is one of the leading brands globally.
- International recognition on outstanding quality.
- 100% lead free and sustainable window and door systems.
- Easy availability of products across India
- Wide range of window and door systems for all kind of residential structures, high-rise structures, hote, hospitals, offices, factories etc.